Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Two Experiments - A Nebula - Pastel Floral


I recently was on the Hubble Telescope site [click here] and was admiring the color photo-
graphs there. I then was working with Apophysis the fractal generator and I created a fractal that looked like the Nebulae I saw on that site.

Doing a print screen I opened it in PhotoPaint and using the Clone tool I created this fractal Nebula. Adding a couple of star like Lens Flares from KPT's Collection I emphasized the other worldliness of the image. It was an enjoyable experiment in fractal imaging and the use of cloning. I really liked the palette of the fractal as well.

I haven't done much painting lately so I fired up Painter 8 and decided to do a floral piece in chalk and pastels with a bit of corrugated texture and watercolor.

I started from scratch thinking about our reddish June lilies which I then did using the chalk and pastels. I added some watercolors to the background and framed the image using Filter Forge's Freepack 3 - Frames.



----------------
Listening to: Kenny Chesney - Back Where I Come From
null

No comments:

Post a Comment