Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

Glass Shards Sun Catcher


During our visit to Colasanti's Gift Shop I shot a couple of photo-
graphs of Glass Shards Sun Catchers. This has great tone and a unique composition made up of shards of colored glass.

I used PhotoPaint to crop out an unwanted wood frame. Resampling it for display online. I lightened it with the Tone Curve and upped the saturation to boost the colors.

I then applied Effects> Texture> Plastic> to emphasize the 3D look of the glass pieces. To this I added a black film frame in Filter Forge's Freepack 3 - Frames.

All in all a simple manipulation to keep the over all feel of the original Sun Catcher.

In the area of music I have joined the two Groups for Acoustic Guitar and Songwriting [see below on the right hand column.] I have had the privilege of downloading some great songs from both sites for enjoyment and critiquing. I have uploaded them to my MP3 Player and have been listening to them for my pleasure.

There are many unique songs of varying types and it allows me some exposure to what others are writing and presenting. It is very rewarding to listen to them and get a feel for songwriting done by others.

Listening --- You Remind Me of Me --- Wes Casto

No comments:

Post a Comment