Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Goose and Young - Change of pace


We took a day trip to Milford, Michigan and an amazing shopping and greenhouse site named, "Colasanti's," [click here] Here they have the greenhouse, a gift shop, a grocery store filled with interesting items, including a bird sanctuary complete with swans and geese and peacocks.

I shot this photograph near their pond which was filled with water fowl. I kept the approach to adjusting this image simple. In Paint.NET I used Effects> Artistic> Ink Sketch> keeping the lines prominent and full color. I also lightened the image with Curves for depth and Saturation for a color boost.

In PhotoPaint I resampled the piece for display here and added a film frame. I like the trio of birds in this image, the one so alert and the young ones sleeping. And I liked the rocks along with the greenery.

I also opened the larger file in Painter 8 and applied Surface Texture> Image Luminance for a touch of texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment