Pages

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Return to Grunge Guitar


I haven't done a grunge piece in quite awhile so I worked on one for today's post. It's a close up of my 12-string Seagull guitar and if you look closely you can make out some etching I did on the pick guard.

I added a snippet of chords and lyrics as well as paint splatters and drippings. I used a grunge frame from Filter Forge.

I can't remember where I got the metal with peeling paint texture from but I used that as a background.

I opened the texture background in PhotoPaint and then did a search in Picasa 3 for guitar photographs. Finding the one I wanted I copied it to the clipboard and returning to PhotoPaint I pasted it and resized it to fit the background image. I used the Object properties> Subtract> to make the guitar transparent.

I opened a text file of a song I have been working on and cut and pasted it into the PhotoPaint piece. Here is the snippet I used, makes for easier reading. It is based on a photograph I have of my wife as a little girl riding a Carousel. Only her name isn't Lillian. That is a family name I chose as my wife reminds me of her.

Am D7
Lil' Miss Lillian decides
Am D7
Over on the East side
Am D7
Round and Round, Its been said
Am D7
Up and down, No one's ahead
Am D7
The Carousel rides
Am D7
You are alongside
G
of me.

Listening --- Lil' Miss Lillian Decides --- Kirk Mathew Gatzka

No comments:

Post a Comment