Pages

Saturday, June 5, 2010

White Floral Extreme


Continuing with the floral motif I took today's photograph and manip-
ulated it in various programs, Paint.NET, Painter 8, and PhotoPaint.

I began by opening in Paint.NET and applied Effects> Artistic> Oil Painting> to the entire image. Secondly I applied the Effects> Artistic> Ink Sketch> filter with full color and less ink lines.

This gave me the details I wanted for this piece. I proceeded to open the saved file in Painter 8 and applied Effects> Apply Surface Texture> Image Luminance> for the texture I desired.

In PhotoPaint I created the frame using Filter Forge's Freepack 3 - frames using a watercolor frame. I used Image> Papersize> to add both the 10 pixel black line and the additional white framing.

I recently joined a Songwriters group: Billy Dean's Writers Block [click here] for MyPage. I have placed two songs on the forum for critique and have gotten some really good feedback. I have only added one song to MyPage as of yet, "Art for Arts Sake" ©2010 Kirk Mathew Gatzka, but I plan on adding others to the Page as I have time.

This is a group of professional songwriters and I am getting some very good help as to the weaknesses and strengths of my own songs there. I should be able to improve my craft of songwriting as I take in the counsel given.

Listening --- She Let Me In --- Kirk Mathew Gatzka

2 comments: