Pages

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Grandson Ezekiel - Smiles


Who doesn't love a smiling baby! Maybe a few cynics, but most of us will respond with a smile ourselves. Here is a photograph taken by myself, of my Grandson, Ezekiel or "Zeke."

I used Paint.NET to apply a painterly appearance and also the Ink Sketch filter for the lines. I had the color set full, and the lines limited.

In PhotoPaint I applied Filter Forge's Freepack 3 - Frames watercolor frame and added the 10 pixel black frame surrounded by white using Paper Size.

If that didn't make you smile check out Zeke's expression in this next image. Using Apophysis I created a fractal for the background, which I tiled and using the Wand in PhotoPaint I selected all the black areas and filled with the tile. I left the rest of the photograph alone because I loved his expression!

What a delight to be a Grandparent and get such photographs as these as he grows so quickly. I wonder what he was surprised about, but the face is an amazing expression.

Listening --- I Go Back --- Kenny Chesney

2 comments:

  1. Really, really cute, Kirk. I love his expressions and what you did with them. He looks like he's saying in the second one "what'd you put me in this paint bath for?" Too cute.\
    Judith

    ReplyDelete