Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Digital Self - Portrait - Charcoals - Tritone


This is a scanned in photograph of me just after I woke up from a nap with my Grandson, Zeke. He slept on my chest. I opened the image in PhotoPaint and used Tune Blur on it as my scanner is older and left some scan lines in it.

After I did that I applied Effects> Art Strokes> Charcoal> to the picture. I upped the coarseness, and the size of the charcoal a bit for details.

I made it a Tritone also in PhotoPaint, getting this deep brown color. And framed it with a Walnut brown 10 pixel border. I converted it back to an RGB 24-bit image and saved it as a JPG file for display here.

I rarely do self-portraits so I had some fun doing one for a change of pace.

Listening --- Hey, Hey Mr. Geography --- Kirk Mathew Gatzka

No comments:

Post a Comment