Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

Golden Red - Floral


I took this photograph at WoJo's greenhouse this spring during a trip to get some vegetable plants for our garden. I did a crop of the photograph to get closer to these wonderful golden red flowers. I did not have to use the Tone Curve or upped saturation as this image was popping with color!

Opening in Paint.NET I applied my favorite painterly filter for the effect it gives the photograph. I used PhotoPaint and the Filter Forge to crop and add a watercolor frame.

Saving that file I opened it in Painter 8 to Apply Surface Texture> Image Luminance> for a brushstrokes look and feel. I reopened in PhotoPaint to add the black and white borders.

Listening --- I Walk Along, the Lakes Song --- Kirk Mathew Gatzka

2 comments:

  1. I love all the texture! Looks like impasto. Even the vignette edge has interest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Barb! It's a little trick: I added the framing first then ran the Apply Surface Texture afterward in Painter. Then the borders back in PhotoPaint.

    I kind of liked the result, glad you did too!

    Kirk

    ReplyDelete