Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

Gift Shop - Colasanti's - Milford, Michigan


While at Colasanti's they allowed me to take some photographs in their gift shop. I really like this trio of lamps and the surrounding merchandise.

I kept my approach simple today to the manipulation of this image. In PhotoPaint I adjusted the Tone Curve to bring out the depth and the Saturation for a color boost.

I opened the photograph in Paint.NET and applied Effects> Artistic> Ink Sketch> with little line work and color up full.

I added a Film Frame using Filter Forges' Freepack 3 - Frames while in PhotoPaint. Here I also saved the large file and them resampled for sharing here saving a separate file.

I've added a badge to my blog pages, towards the bottom right hand side, to "Billy Dean's Writers Block." Here is a group of great songwriters who support one another in the craft of songwriting. I've been working on the song, "She Let Me In," and have received a lot of help doing rewriting of the original song.

I'll tell you, rewrite's are hard to do. You pare down a song to it's bare minimum and storyline. It is really a learning experience! A good one to be sure. [click here] for My Page on the "Block" and you can scroll down to the music player on the left hand side, and take a listen to some of my tunes. I have yet to re-record "She Let Me In," to add to the list.

I am more of a hobbyist than many of these successful writers so to just rub elbows with them is an honor.

Listening --- The Last Good Cowboy --- Kirk Mathew Gatzka

No comments:

Post a Comment