Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

Alaskan Roadside Waterfall - PhotoPaint - Paint.NET


Browsing with Picasa 3 I was looking through some photographs of our trip to Alaska to visit family and ran across this photograph.

Roadside waterfalls are common and very picturesque. I opened this in PhotoPaint and resampled for the web. Then I opened in Paint.NET used a painterly filter on it, adjusted the Curves and upped the saturation.

I reopened in PhotoPaint and used KPT's Collection Equalizer on it to get this look. I added a watercolor frame with Filter Forge's frames, and a 10 pixel black border.

Musically I was working on "What Are You Afraid Of?" late yesterday and I am pretty satisfied with the melody and chord progression, bridge and the overall sound of the song. I added some improvised lead to the background and using Audacity I recorded it and saved the song as an mp3.

I am going to add it to My Page on the Acoustic Guitar Community for others to listen to and hopefully enjoy.

----------------
Now playing: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - What Are You Afraid Of?
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment