Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

"What Are You Afraid Of?" Digital Visual Collage with a Touch of Song Lyric


I was inspired by a con-
versation online about song writing and the stigma attached to mental and emotional Illnesses. The phrase "What Are You Afraid Of?" came right to mind and I began to write some lyrics. A portion of the end of them are a part of today's image.

I used a Mayang's Rust texture for the background and a clip art frame from Dover Publications, with a photograph of guitars along with a few paint splatters and drippings for this collage. Adding a snippet of the lyrics for good measure.

All the work was done in PhotoPaint. I upped the saturation for color enhancement of the painted rust and used a color photograph I took of two guitars on a precarious angle. I used the object properties of Multiply to add the pieces together.

Now I need some time for the chord progression, melody and chorus and bridge. If the song turns out OK I may (or, may not, depending) post it on My Page at the Acoustic Guitar Community, when it is done and ready for public listening.

I hope the idea comes to fruition as a song and not just a poem.

----------------
Now playing: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - Lil' Miss Lillian Decides
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment