Pages

Friday, September 17, 2010

Swan - Pen and Ink - Watercolor


A Swan Song [click here] isn't always the end of something is it? Today's image is from a photograph. It was taken at a pond.

I used a number of filters on it in Paint.NET including the Oil Painting, Ink Sketch filters for the watercolor look and feel. I had at first attempted to paint it in Painter 8 using differing brushes but did not like the outcome, so I switched to using multiple filters.

In PhotoPaint I applied the Filter Forge's watercolor frame. Then took the image back into Painter to Apply Surface Texture> Image Luminance> for the texture of this piece.

I guess I just wasn't patient with my digital painting today, what ever brush type I tried just didn't suit me. So I manipulated the photograph with multiple filters. I also used the Tone Curve on it for depth and slightly upped the saturation for color. I do like the subject matter and the pose of the swan.

----------------
Now playing: Robert Plant & Alison Krauss - Gone Gone Gone (Done Moved On)
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment