Pages

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Stone Grunge Guitars Grid - PhotoPaint


I was browsing a musician's website and went to his photo gallery where he displays a grid of his guitar collection. I was immediately taken by the grid of rectangular guitar images. I did a screen capture and contacted the musician about using this in an image to gain his permission.

His name is Edward Sparks and credit for the grid of guitars goes to "M. Edward Sparks/Pepperland Productions", along with my many thanks for the use of this great piece of image making.His website is really good and he has, along with his guitar collection, some great videos to view and listen to him perform. [CLICK HERE] for the link to his site. I invite you to go there and enjoy his music and well done site. We are both members of the Acoustic Guitar Community where we share music and music based videos, groups, photograph and discussion concerning our love of acoustic guitars.

I used a stone background from Mayang's Textures and assembled the piece in PhotoPaint. I used object property Multiply for the guitar grid. I was going for a grunge look and feel so I darkened the image using the Tone Curve and upped the saturation for that rusty stone color. I added a film frame from Filter Forge's frames.

----------------
Now playing: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - Peaceful Tones
via FoxyTunes

2 comments:

  1. It turned out great Kirk! I was glad to be able to contribute the guitar grid. I will post it on the "NEWS" Page of my website at:

    http://mysite.verizon.net/emsparks/news/news.htm

    Thanks, Edward

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edward,

    You are welcome! Glad you like it and will link to it as News!

    Kirk

    ReplyDelete