Pages

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Sunrise and Fog on the Lake - Paint.NET - PhotoPaint


Sunrise over Bald Eagle Lake with fog on the lake is today's image. I took a simple approach to this image as it says so much on it's own.

In PhotoPaint I adjusted the Tone Curve to lighten up the greens and the sun and lake fog. I resampled for display on the web in PhotoPaint and saved the file.

I reopened the file in Paint.NET and used a painterly filter on it. I stayed away from doing anything with saturation as the colors were dark enough to make the sun gleaming through the trees true to color.

Using PhotoPaint again I applied Filter Forge's watercolor frame and added a 10 pixel black border to that. Again I used a simple approach to this image in the use of filters to create it. Showing that you can create a great image from a great photograph with a few touches done digitally.

----------------
Now playing: Gordon Lightfoot - Carefree Highway
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment