Pages

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Nonrepresentational Abstract - "Light" Photographs


I worked on this image from a view of making a non-
represent-
ational abstract piece. I started with some "Light" experimental photo-
graphs done by my son, Keir M. Gatzka. He used my DSLR and took photographs of moving traffic at night to produce them.

I created a collage of them using Picasa 3's collage feature and opened that file in PhotoPaint. There I applied Effects> Art Strokes> Conte Crayon> for a textured approach to the "Light" image. I did not adjust the saturation as the colors were dark and mysterious. It held a bit of rectangular feel from the photographs.

Using Filter Forge's Frames I added a Watercolor frame to the piece with a black 10 pixel border. Saving that file I determined that I wanted more texture to it so I opened it in Painter 8 and used Apply Surface Texture> Image Luminance>. Back in PhotoPaint I added my signature and resampled for display on the web.

Musically I found a chord progression for the song "What Are You Afraid Of?" and now am working on the melody and the bridge chords. It is fun to create music and I relish playing my 12-string guitar. I am experimenting with this song dropping the bass E string to D to give it a slightly different taste. I hope to have the song finished soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment