Pages

Friday, September 24, 2010

Digital Painting - Painter 8 - Grandson


The image shown today is a digital painting that I painted in Painter 8 from a photograph I took the other day when visiting.

I used a Bristle brush for the bulk of the painting and a second layer set at Gel for the background. I used Digital Watercolor brushes for the background. And merged the layers saving to a jpg file for display here on the web.

I brought the file into PhotoPaint to apply Filter Forge's frames a watercolor frame. I added a black border of 10 pixels. I resampled the file from the larger working file while in PhotoPaint also.

2 comments:

  1. Very cute little guy and wonderful painting Kirk.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Judith! We think he is adorable, but are biased! LOL! Doing the painting was great fun!

    Kirk

    ReplyDelete