Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

Digital Collage - Mayang's Textures - Dover Clip Art


Today I decided to do a digital collage. I looked through my folder of Mayang's Texture in Picasa 3 and opened the one I selected in PhotoPaint.

I looked through my collections of Dover Publications Clip Art samplers and gathered together the images you see in the collage. I used a King and castle image entitled the Idylls of the King - Enid, and also selected an Art Nouveau frame. Then I placed a coat of arms piece in the top oval. I used a modern Op Art circular piece and applied Effects> Texture> Plastic> to it before I used the object property Multiply on it as I had the other black and white pieces of clip art. I found a nice Art Nouveau corner piece and placed it in the opposite corners.

I used the Tone Curve to deepen the color of the background and upped the saturation for a bit more color. I finished the piece with a 10 pixel black border.

I really enjoy using Dover Publication's Clip Art for such digital collages and also Mayang's Textures as well. I want to thank them for allowing me to gather textures and clip art samplers from them to use in such images as today's.

----------------
Now playing: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - Like I've Never Been Refused
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment