Pages

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Rained Out at the Frankenmuth, Michigan Auto Fest 2010


It has been difficult to get good photo-
graphs at this years Custom Car show. Rained out at the Woodward Dream Cruise 2010 and the same happened earlier today at the Frankenmuth, Michigan Auto Fest 2010, rain! We watched as a few die hard car buffs drove by us on Main Street in Frankenmuth, but it was raining too hard to expose my camera without protection of some kind, which I don't have.

This image you see is from the 2009 Woodward Avenue Dream Cruise in Metro Detroit. I used PhotoPaint to crop and adjust the Tone Curve to deepen the image and saved that file. Opening it in Paint.NET I applied the Effects> Artistic> Ink Sketch> for the line work. I used that file in PhotoPaint again and applied a Grunge frame to it from Filter Forge's frames. Then I added the lens flare with KPT's Collection for the flash of brilliant light on the image. I used Filter Forge's frames a second time adding a film frame to the piece. I upped the saturation by 15 to enhance color.

So I have this image for you to enjoy and apologize for no new car photographs from the shows this year. If I had protected equipment that was waterproof and a rain coat we would have gotten some photographs. I imagine it will be sunny and nice tomorrow for the rest of the Auto Fest. Unfortunately I have other plans! The blame goes on the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment