Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Still Life - Dinner Setting - Texture


I was browsing in Picasa 3 for photo-
graphs to do some digital work on and dis-
covered this one which I had taken some time ago. I decided to use it for today's image. It is simply a dinner setting of dishes on a placemat.

I resampled the image to increase the size a bit to 96dpi in PhotoPaint. Taking it into Paint.NET I applied the Effects> Artistic> Ink Sketch> to it at full color and I upped the inking quite a bit. I then applied a painterly filter to it for that painted touch.

Back in PhotoPaint I applied Filter Forge's watercolor frame, with some adjustments to give it a nice feel. I saved my file and opened it in Painter 8 and used Apply Surface Texture> Image Luminance to the piece. This gives it a great texture.

----------------
Now playing: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - Polly Come Home Cover
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment