Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Back to Digital Painting - Colorful House - Painter 8 Wow! Book Brushes


Visiting my grandson Zeke yesterday and my daughter showed me a photograph that begged to be painted digitally. I asked for a copy and she sent one to me.

In PhotoPaint I resampled the image to 880, plus 128dpi. I added a blue sky to the picture as it was white, and I included a few clouds. I used this image in Painter 8 to digitally paint. I used the Painter 8 Wow! Book's Building brushes Feather brush at varying sizes as my brush of choice. I kept it at 5.9 size for detailed appearance, with the exception of increasing it for the sky.

I used Apply Surface Texture> Image Luminance> to add texture to the brushstrokes. I saved that file at optimum resolution. Reopened it in PhotoPaint and added a painting frame to it with Filter Forge's Frames. I then used the Tone Curve for depth and upped the saturation by 7 for brighter color.

My daughter did not know the photographer of this house, so I would like to credit them here. If you recognize their work, please let me know who the photographer is that I may give full credit to them. Thank you.


----------------
Now playing: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - Our House Cover
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment