Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Vector Graphics - Experiment with Bitmapped Graphics


I love to experi-
ment with bit-
mapped images using vector tools on them for unusual results. This photograph of a close up of sunglasses and reflection, with nose, was taken by my son, Keir M. Gatzka a few summers ago. As you can see it captured my imagination and I used it for an experiment.

I first opened the photograph in Paint.NET and adjusted the size, and used the Ink Sketch filter on it with no color for the black and white image as the basis of this experiment. Then I opened it in Painter 8 and added a watercolor layer and used a large watercolor brush with two colors only for the background.

I copied the image to the clipboard and opened CorelDRAW, pasted it and began to add some vector graphics. I used the Freehand drawing tool and created some bits and pieces of paisley and florals plus some swirled lines. I also built some buildings and a car with a road.

I copied that to the clipboard and pasted it as a new image in PhotoPaint. I added a 20 pixel border and signed it. I made the image a jpg file for display here.

----------------
Now playing: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - Eleanor Rigby Cover
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment