Pages

Friday, December 2, 2011

"Brain Drain" Digital Collage - Corel PhotoPaint Plus

Brain Drain

Hectic times mean less time for blogging and It's been hectic here lately. Before running some errands today (printer needed ink as usual) I opened up Picasa 3 and browsed to my Mayang's Textures folder and found one to begin a piece.

I opened in Corel's PhotoPaint and upped the color saturation and used the Tone Curve for depth on the texture background. In Picasa I went to my Dover Publications folder and selected some clipart for this image.

I choose the head shot of the brain, A clock mechanism, and a measuring tool. I also found an Art Nouveau banner.

I used various methods of placing these into a digital collage onto the textured background. I had to cut and paste and erase according to each piece. I used the property Add for the banner and typed in the words for some humor to the image. "Brain Drain."

After I did my play on words, I saved the large file and opened that with Corel's PSP Pro X3 and added the stained glass frame. I resized the image and saved for display with my signature added.

I placed a QR Code in the image as well, for some fun. It really directs you to me and my blog and a bit more information.

Listening --- Kirk Mathew Gatzka --- Blind Guide

No comments:

Post a Comment