Pages

Sunday, December 18, 2011

"Guitar and Spring Garden" Picasa 3.9 HDR-ish - Corel PSP Pro X3

12-String Guitar
Spring Garden

Picasa 3.9 has some new features with it. One is a filter called HDR-ish, which as you might surmise allows you to take your photographs and apply an HDR appearance to them.

I selected two examples to demonstrate the feature. First I did the Guitar, adjusting the strength, fade and radius of the image, I also touched up the Tone Curve in PhotoPaint. The second image is of our Spring Garden on which I applied the HDR filter again with some adjustments. I saved that larger file and opened with Corel's PSP Pro X3 and upped the saturation and added an Albumen fade and the golden frame.

I like the new feature in Picasa 3.9 and also the HDR function in PSP Pro X3. I need to experiment with my tripod and get some photographs to use for PSP Pro X3's HDR feature. Maybe when the snow really flies I'll get some interesting shots to share.

Listening --- Kirk Mathew Gatzka --- Reckonings II

No comments:

Post a Comment