Pages

Friday, December 30, 2011

"Older Photographs Given New Life" Picasa 3.9 - Corel PhotoPaint

Cordovan and Black

Black


I've been doing a review of photographs using Picasa 3.9 on my Hard Drive, looking to cull some, to add space to the Drive. I browsed to this still life folder of my straw hat and Rockport dress shoes photographs.

I jazzed them up using Picasa 3.9 features for HDR, Lomo, Boost, and Museum framing. They have a homey feel to them as I have had the objects for quite some time and they are still in fair shape. The straw hat is a little beat up and has a headband made from an old narrow tie I got from my now deceased Father in Law.

I have an external drive with all of my photographs and images copied to it and still have plenty of room for more. But, my computer Drive is down to a third free space after defraging. I need to do some house cleaning.

Thus the browsing of the folders and folders of photographs and images. I need to bite the bullet so to speak and clear them off of my work PC's Drive. Need to make room for more images and newer photographs yet to be taken. This is a step many of you probably do or consider doing at various times.

I admit to having some trouble with deleting my stock of photographs and images, even though they are fully available on the external Drive. It is a conundrum. What is to worry about? The failure of either of these Drives. Which is likely, but not for some time as the external is much newer than the work PC's Drive.

So I must dive in and delete these extra folders I don't really need on this Drive and access my stock from the external. I find myself rambling. Which I don't do here often, so I hope you will excuse me.

Listening --- Pink Floyd --- Empty Spaces

No comments:

Post a Comment