Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

"Venice" An Exercise in Painting with Painter 11

Venice





I have this book about "How to Paint Buildings" by Manel Plana Sicilia and Muntsa Calbo Angrill, that I've had for years. Today I decided to make an attempt to paint using Corel's Painter 11 from it. I found a print of one of the book's paintings and did my best to imitate it. I used Gouache Painter 11 brushes and a Wet Grain Blender brush, along with an Liquid Ink brush for color and line.

It was an interesting endeavor as digital painting is undoable if you make any mistakes. I finished the large painting and saved it opening with PhotoPaint. There I added my signature and applied the Tone Curve to boost color depth. I saved that iteration and opened it with Corel's PSP Pro X3 and using the frames they have in that program I added a mat and golden frame. Saving again I then resized the image for display here.

Listening --- Counting Crows --- Perfect Blue Buildings

No comments:

Post a Comment