Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

"Custom Truck Mashup" Corel PSP Pro X3

Custom Truck Mashup

This little experiment shows the value of having a tripod for differing exposures of the same subject to use for HDR images. I ended up with an Abstract image playing around with Corel PSP Pro X3's HDR feature.

I took three exposures of this same custom truck, owned by a friend of mine, and united them in the HDR feature. I used the Align Image tool and it did its best to give me an HDR photograph. I did not use a tripod, only stood there with my shadow on the bumper of the truck. So my photographs did not align properly, as is evident in the image.

Nonetheless, I found the end result rather interesting as an abstract image. I used the Vibrancy tool for the color and a couple of other photograph smart fixes on it. I added the blue and black borders as a finish to block in the abstract image. I also added the visible watermark, my signature prior to adding the borders.

Musically I worked on the song "Playing In A Vacuum," last night with my 12-string searching for a chord progression and melody. I went back through some chord progression notes I have and found a group of chords that fit the subject well. Using them with the lyrics, already written, I created the song. I found a drum beat that was a blues Shuffle and adjusted the speed in Audacity to the pace I had for the tune. I recorded it today and did some over voicing as well for added balance to the piece.

Listening --- Kirk Mathew Gatzka --- Playing In A Vacuum

No comments:

Post a Comment