Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

"Catch of The Day" Digital Collage in Corel PSP Pro X3

Catch of the Day

I wanted to start the month off with a digital collage using Corel PSP Pro X3. I browsed to my Dover Publications folder while in Picasa 3.9. There I opened a wallpaper background.

In PSP I resized to a larger file by increasing the dpi to 300. Then I used the Unsharp Mask tool to sharpen it.

Again in my Dover folder I found the Dandy with his attendant and copied, Pasted as New Layer into PSP. I used the layer property Multiply and also applied Curves to deepen the color, resizing to fit the large background.

I found the lobster in my Dover clip art and placed the same way. I skewered the lobster on the Dandy's cane. Naming the collage "Catch of the Day."

I decided I did not like the clip art in black so I used Adjust, Color, Red, Green, Blue, and made them a brown, which fits the beige background better.

I added my signature with the Watermark tool. Then added a mat and gold frame to complete the collage. I then flattened all layers to one. Saving the large file I then resized for display.

I was using Verse Perfect to write a song lyric the other night. It was suggested I use a theme of "Playing in a Vacuum." I am fairly isolated from other songwriters locally and write alone most of the time, so the theme was fitting. I now have verses, chorus and a bridge in writing. I need to add the chord progression and melody as of yet.

Pondering --- Playing in a Vacuum

No comments:

Post a Comment