Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

"Grunge Guitar Trio" Corel PhotoPaint

Grunge Guitar Trio


Getting some advice on the song "Playing In A Vacuum," to highlight another verse, and drop one chorus. Perhaps a change in the Key as well, then back to the original Key.

With the song in mind I worked on a Digital Collage today. It has a grunge background and a trio of guitars. I added a snippet of the song's chords and lyrics using a Typewriter font. In keeping with the grunge theme I added wet paint drippings to the words and some paint splatters.

On the three guitars I applied Little Ink Pot's Thredgeholder for a rough sketch look and feel. I deliberately kept a balanced composition. I did apply the Tone Curve to the cracked concrete background to enhance the color depth.

I did all this in Corel PhotoPaint with Picasa 3.9 for browsing to the folders where I had the images of the background, and guitars.

Listening --- Bob Seger --- Night Moves

No comments:

Post a Comment