Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2012

"Whirligig" Corel Painter 11 - Corel PSP Pro X3

Whirligig


Today I took a photograph, given to me of my Grandson being fascinated by a Whirligig. The photograph was black and white so I played around with it in Corel PSP Pro X3.

I used a painterly background I had previously made in Corel Painter Photo Essentials 4. I copied and pasted the photograph, as a New Layer and Mirrored the image. Then I used the property of Luminance at 100% opacity, which allowed the basic colors to show through.

I merged the layers and saved the large image opening in Painter Photo Essentials 4 and applied Modern Painting Auto-paint with jagged edges. I then applied the Pen and Ink Auto Painting. I saved the file and opened with Corel Painter 11.

There I used Watercolor brushes to paint in more colors to add to the mirrored image and to brighten up the whirligig. I appended the Flesh tone palette and used a color selected from that on the hands, face and legs.

Saving the file again I opened with Corel PSP Pro X3 where I added a 10 pixels border and used the Visible Watermark for the signature. I saved again and then resized in PSP for display.

Listening --- Seal --- Whirl

No comments:

Post a Comment