Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

"Watercolor Portrait" Corel Painter 11

Portrait


Found in browsing with Picasa 3.9, a digital pencil sketch of a young woman. I opened Corel Painter 11 and was working on creating a new workspace. I created some new Texture papers using some textures from Flaming Pear saving them in a new library.

I opened a new 8" x 10" 300dpi canvas and using the Chalk brush I painted the entire canvas with textures in very light browns and yellows, ochre really. I saved that file and using copy and paste I opened the pencil sketch on it's own layer. I used the resizing tool to make her fit the large canvas and committed the transformation.

Using differing watercolor brushes I painted the young lady portrait. I altered opacity and selected each brush as I went along. I kept some of the sketch showing through for small details, especially in the eyes, where I used a Tint brush for the eye color.

I did use the Tint brushes quite a bit as well for the painting. If I remember correctly the pencil sketch was created digitally also in Paint.NET, quite a while ago.

My son and I have been discussing portraiture recently. He is going to try to develop his drawing skills with traditional pencil drawings and I, of course, will be working digitally. This is my first attempt within this discussion.

Listening --- Def Leppard --- Woman 


No comments:

Post a Comment