Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

"Dancers" Digital Collage - Corel PhotoPaint - Corel PSP Pro X3

Dancers


I took some time to browse in Picasa 3.9 in my Dover Publications and Free Vintage Clip Art folder. I have over 1,000 pieces of art in the folder and it took some time for inspiration to hit me.

I found the pieces you see in today's image. A floral like background, a woman and man's faces and the dancers silhouette. I opened the floral in Corel PSP Pro X3 and resized it to a 10 x 5.8 inches 300dpi background. I then saved that and opened in Corel's PhotoPaint. There, and from Picasa, I copied and pasted and erased around the faces, placing them opposite each other.

I searched for the "Dancers," silhouette and copied and pasted that and used the property Multiply, then resized to make them the centerpiece in the image. I merged all, used the Tone Curve and upped the color saturation, and added my signature, Then saved the large file, resampled it for display and saved that. I looked at the enlargement in Picasa 3.9

I decided to use Picasa 3.9's Museum Mat for a frame, I applied that, adjusted the mat color to blue and saved that file separately.

It was a simple Digital Collage project with pleasant results.

Listening --- Elton John --- Tiny Dancer

No comments:

Post a Comment