Pages

Friday, February 17, 2012

"Mother In Law as a Young Lady" Paint.NET - Corel Painter 11 - Digital Watercolors

Mother In Law as a Young Lady


This is an old photograph I scanned in with my Canon MP495. It is my Mother In Law as a young lady. I took the image and opened with Paint.NET and used the Effects; Artistic; Pencil Sketch on it to simplify the picture.

I cropped that to focus on her face and hair. Saving that file I opened with Painter 11 and used Skip Allen's Digital Watercolor brushes to paint it. I used the Flesh Tone palette and the Gray Range palette for the colors, with a couple of selections of my own for the reds.

I varied the brushes and the size and Opacity as I painted. I kept the image simple and painterly as I could. If you look closely you can see some of the noise of the original photograph left in the background. This gives it an elegance it might not have had if I had blurred or softened the photograph more.

My Mother In Law was an out-spoken and straight-forward person. Here I see her as a young lady who loved to dance and have fun. She is now deceased and missed. My wife helped me with this by being a by-stander as I painted.

Listening --- Sheryl Crow --- Mother Nature's Son

No comments:

Post a Comment