Pages

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Rob Sylvain - Guitarist


I have another Vector graphics image done. I did it late last night. I found the photograph of guitarist Rob Sylvain, on Flickr with a Creative Commons license which allowed for derivative work to be done.

The photographer is Chris Darling and the link to the photograph is here. The Creative Commons link is here. I hope I have credited this the correct way. I followed the instructions of the CC.

I used CorelTRACE again and modified the photo to a vector image. Adjusting it to my liking, in CorelDRAW, and adding color as well. Opening it as a bitmap in PhotoPaint I added the lettering, the tools, paint brushes, the bottles and the 'sparkles' with the spray brush tool I had used in a previous work shown here recently.

I resized it and saved it as jpg for sharing on the blog. I used everystockphoto.com and searched for 'guitar' and found this image which is stored on Flickr. A very useful website for finding photographs that you can use according to their individual CC license. Some have all rights reserved so that places them out of reach. Others have a more open license and you can use them for sharing in an appropriate way as long as you attribute them to the owner.

I for one appreciate the Creative Commons listings, makes it easier to find photographs that you can use for Digital Visual Art. So my thanks to Chris for the generosity!

No comments:

Post a Comment