Pages

Saturday, August 6, 2011

A Bird in the Hand - CorelDRAW - Painter 11 - PhotoPaint


This image began as a piece of Dover Publications Clip Art from their online sampler. The woodcarving of the birds in the bush image I opened in PhotoPaint and resampled to 120dpi to increase it's size to work on it. I used the Tone Curve to give it more depth.

With Filter Forge's Photo Effects I applied a dreamy effect to it and toned it down slightly.

Saving that file I opened in Painter 11 and used Digital Watercolor brushes for painting the color into the image.

I scanned in a image of hands into PhotoPaint, from North Light Clip Art Series, and erased the parts I did not want so I only had one black and white hand image. I inverted the mask I created with the wand and selected only the hand with a Mask Channel.

I copied that to the clipboard and pasted it into the now painted picture in CorelDRAW. Using the typeface Arial Black and Rounded, I used the phrase, "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush," and cut and adjusted the text.

I set that upon the hand as a group of text. Then grouped the whole image and copied it to the clipboard again. I opened with File New from Clipboard.

I resampled the large file in PhotoPaint and saved it with my signature.

Listening --- The Beatles --- Free as a Bird

No comments:

Post a Comment