Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Communication No Breakdown - CorelDRAW - PhotoPaint


I was browsing my Dover Publications folder in Picasa 3 and came across this bit of clip art. It is two mailboxes with the phrase, "They Want to Know," in script. It also shows mail with postage going from one person to another.

It immediately made me think of all the ways we communicate  today, we talk and converse expressing ourselves. But, we also use the Internet for much of our communication.

Thus today's image. A simple one with few words and a single piece of clip art. I had planned on using a William Morris background but that appeared too busy. So I used more white space.

The fonts I used were Berlin Sans FB Demi (Bold) and Century Gothic Normal from my Corel Graphic Suite's collection of fonts and typefaces. I adjusted the character spacing on both the words, communication and express to fit. And enlarged the word TALK, as that is our major way of getting the message to another.

I right justified the words, Tweet, et al., to balance the piece.

I used PhotoPaint to cut and paste the clipart from there to CorelDRAW and did the rest of the image there.

Finished I saved the large image and then in PhotoPaint converted it to jpg format and resized it for display here.

Listening --- Alan Parson's Project --- Let's Talk About Me

No comments:

Post a Comment