Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

"It Was Time I Decided" - Verse Perfect - CorelDRAW - PhotoPaint - Filter Forge

COLLIDED

AWAY

I was in the program Verse Perfect which is great for songwriting and poetry, I would recommend it, and it is free online. I wrote some verse and thought I could incorporate some graphic design with it so I opened Picasa 3 and CorelDRAW and found some grunge backgrounds I had saved and copied and pasted them into DRAW. Each one I worked on separately. I copied the verses from Verse Perfect  and pasted them into DRAW.

I played around with small caps, full caps and justification. Then I did some fun tilting and altering of words. I grouped the objects and text and copied to the clipboard and opened PhotoPaint and used File> New From Clipboard>, reducing the size of the large file to 75%of the original.

I fit to screen and applied the Tone Curve, for depth,  as I worked the individual pieces. Using Filter Forge's Photo Effects Grunge I decreased the grunge slider and increased the stains slider, also decreasing the frame slider and applied the effect.

The poem is not a happy one, but one of unreconciled differences in a relationship. All to common, but not the state I'm in, just a fictitious relationship.

Listening --- Bob Seger --- Roll Me Away 

No comments:

Post a Comment