Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Scarlet Ain't Anything But Red is Red - CorelDRAW - PhotoPaint - Filter Forge

Click for Larger Image
I browsed to my Mayang's Textures folder in Picasa 3 and found a rough bark texture to use as a background for this image. I opened with PhotoPaint and adjusted the Tone Curve and saturation. I copied to the clipboard and opened CorelDRAW.

There I fitted to a landscape orientation and resized the texture. I went to my browser and opened up Fillerati.com and selected some text from Jack London's the Scarlet Plague,

I chose the typeface AntigoniBd for the phrase and the larger text as well. I used an off yellow and emphasized the words "scarlet and red" in red.

"Scarlet ain't anything but red is red," is the larger quote. I added black outlining to the typeface for some legibility and duplicated it, overlaying it. Then superimposed the larger quote over the smaller as small caps, increasing letter spacing by 33% and force justifying it.

I copied to the clipboard and pasted into PhotoPaint where I resized it after saving the larger file. I used Filter Forge's Grunge frame with a red tint. I also used the Tone Curve again and deepened the reds. I added my signature and completed the image for display.

Listening --- Chris Deburgh --- Lady In Red

No comments:

Post a Comment