Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2011

My Reply Was a Quick Thrust - CorelDRAW - PhotoPaint - Filter Forge

Abadi MT Condensed Extra Bold Font

I browsed my Mayang's Textures folder in Picasa 3 and selected a texture image for this piece, I opened it in PhotoPaint and applied the Tone Curve for greater depth and upped the saturation for color. I copied to the clipboard and moved into CorelDRAW.

Then I went to Fillerati.com for some text to work with and selected, in English, Edgar Rice Burroughs, A Princess of Mars and copied a snippet to the clipboard. In CorelDRAW I added the text and formatted it using small caps for the paragraph and all caps for the larger portion of the quote, which is a partial quote from the book. I also force justified the paragraph text and right justified the larger statement text.

I grouped the objects and text into one grouping and copied that to the clipboard. I pasted it into PhotoPaint at 75% the original. Using Filter Forge's Photo Effects Grunge I added the stains and more texture to the image. I saved the large file and resampled for display here adding my signature.

Listening --- Amanda Marshall --- Too Little, Too Late

No comments:

Post a Comment