Pages

Friday, August 19, 2011

Digital Collage - Change of Face - PhotoPaint - PSP Pro X3

Change of Face

Late last night I was up so I worked on this digital collage. I scanned in some pieces from old magazines, using my Canon MP495 All-in-one. The dpi was at 300 for each scan, so they were very full of color and texture. I also added a butterfly clip art piece from Dover Publications Clip Art and a vector "dance" piece I did in 1996. So, old parts new collage.

I opened them all in PhotoPaint and cut and selected the pieces to place. I used a peacock as the background and added the face and the differing eyes and mouth. I endeavored to make an interesting image, as I do so enjoy digital collage creating. The title comes from my altering the facial features with differing pieces, thus: "Change of Face."

I saved the file in iterative saves at differing sizes. I opened the last save from Picasa 3 with Corel's PSP Pro X3. Here I looked for something delightfully digital. I found the framing section and found this classic museum like frame. I added it and it gives the image a distinctive flare. I did resample in PhotoPaint for the final image to show here on the blog.

Listening --- The Temptations --- Smiling Faces Sometimes

No comments:

Post a Comment