Pages

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Grunge - Vintage Style Clothes - Two Couples - Corel PhotoPaint

Two Couples Differing Dress Styles


I really enjoy the Dover Publications clip art I have. I can always make an interesting presentation collage from them. I browsed my Dover folder for some today and found recent sampler examples of Styles of dress from two differing periods. I decided to use them but needed a background.

Browsing my Rust Textures folder in Picasa 3 I found one I liked but it did not satisfy me. So I found a floral grunge texture piece nearby that folder and overlay the two. I first had to resize and rotate the floral texture to fit the other, then I overlapped them making the floral transparent.

I did this collage in PhotoPaint. I upped the saturation of the background before I added the couples. I selected the couple on the left and flipped them horizontally so the women were opposite each other. I resized both couples to fit and used the object (layer) property Color Burn to get the line art clear and the white background each had transparent. I selected another piece of clip art a piece of iron work and divided the couples.

I merged all the pieces together and added a white border which I selected with the wand tool and used the 3D Bevel feature for a frame. I upped the dpi to 96 from 72 to enlarge the image a bit and added my signature.

Listening --- Jethro Tull --- Fire at Midnight

No comments:

Post a Comment