Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Design - There is no Substitution for Hard Work - PhotoPaint - CorelDRAW

Click for Larger Image
Yesterday I was reading a number of articles on the web about design and typography and decided to create this image. I selected a worn yellow treadplate from Mayang's Textures, which I resized in PhotoPaint, and began with a small idea. The articles impressed me that Design and the use of Typography is no small feat. It takes hard work and imagination (not to mention some talent.) So the last part of the message was to "Imagine Hard."

As I did this image I did not keep track of the fonts or typefaces used, or I would include them here. I did create this in PhotoPaint and CorelDRAW. I set the type in CorelDRAW then grouped all the pieces together, copied to the clipboard and opened with File New from Clipboard in PhotoPaint. I used the Tone Curve to give depth and increased the saturation for the color.


Listening --- Kirk Mathew Gatzka --- A Thousand White Horses

No comments:

Post a Comment