Pages

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Classic Car - Woodcut Look


Here's a photo-
graph mani-
pulated to look like a woodcut print. I believe that it is a Duesenberg Classic. The photograph is again from the Woodward Avenue Dream Cruise of 2006 taken by my son Keir M Gatzka.

I used PhotoPaint Image> Transform> Threshold> with the color set "to black," which allows some of the color to show through, so it has a touch of color and a great textured look.

I hope you are enjoying my series of Classic cars from the Dream Cruise. I have a few more to share but you never know when I will change it up. Digital Art allows for a multitude of motifs and a variety of approaches to Visual Art.

Today I had the experience of performing for a pretty hard to please audience, a friends child. Kids know when you are faking it. I think I passed as I did a song I wrote with my son years ago, a kid's song called "A Whole Lotta Fun."

The basis of the song is you sing a couple of verses about Arnie, who wants to go skating and then horseback riding and is gonna have a whole lot of fun. Then you ask the child what he likes to do for fun, this time it was baseball, and you sing it to him/her using their name. It gets them involved with the tune and the fun of the song. It usually works well with a child or group of children. It was fun.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Mark Knopfler and Emmylou Harris - This Is Us
null

No comments:

Post a Comment