Pages

Monday, August 3, 2009

Annual Woodward Dream Cruise - Again with the Grunge


This August is the month for the Annual Woodward Dream Cruise of all manner of automobiles down Woodward Ave in Detroit Metro and surrounds. It is usually the third Saturday of the month, I am not certain of the dates this year. It will be bitter sweet for the city of Pontiac, Michigan as this article shows from The Freep.

Detroit Metro has been hit hard with the recession as many of the car companies have been through changes that have been short of a complete shock to the area. But people love their cars and will show them off as the Big Three struggle away against all odds.

I used PhotoPaint for this image along with CorelDRAW and some cdr format clip art cars for the piece (actually from CorelDRAW Suite 8 clip art.) The background is a sandy texture overlaid with a Photograph from a previous Dream Cruise Custom Car. I used object properties of Color Burn on the objects I overlaid on the image. I used the Thredgeholder to get the hand drawn look for the photograph.

Each year my Son and my Brother go to the Dream Cruise and take many photographs and I have many photos from differing years shows. So I go vicariously and get to use the photos if I want to, thanks to my Son.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Jeremy Fryc - Here's to you!... Here's to your fall.
null

No comments:

Post a Comment