Pages

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Custom Pickup Truck - New Song 'Something Amazing'


Lacking any ideas for lyrics, but having a chord progression and chorus chords, I went to Lyrics Ideas site yesterday. I found a couple of lines that inspired me to write an new song. "Something Amazing" using the chord progression I had.

The line that caught my imagination was "I know something amazing." It sparked some ideas about amazing things, like a spark that is fleeting, how we are wonderfully made, sunsets that don't repeat themselves. Capturing the moment in song I found my self songwriting right away.

I recorded it with singing and playing the 12-string through the microphone set on "Detroit RnB Vocal" just enough reverb. I mixed in a second guitar, using "Archtop Jazz" preset in Gearbox. Then using a preset called "Basic Dirt" I added lead guitar. No drum backbeat to this one.

Some times all you need is a little push in a direction and your imagination follows the clues to fruition. The progression I had was a remix of a similar progression but switched around to a new sound. Needless to say I was delighted to be writing again. That lull was a bit too long.

The image that I am sharing today was worked up in PhotoPaint. I used a grunge background from Smoko-Stock at Deviant Art's site. It was named "Tweeter Rattled the Monkey," cute. I had to cut and paste to the clipboard and resize it to fit the photograph of the custom pickup truck I selected to use for the piece.

I applied the Thredgholder to the truck image for that sketchy look and pasted it as an object in PhotoPaint. I applied the object property Color Burn to it to make it transparent and have that burned feel. I merged the background and the object together, added some text and paint splatters. I continue with the Woodward Dream Cruise images.

So happy to have written another song!

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - Something Amazing
null

No comments:

Post a Comment