Pages

Friday, August 7, 2009

Dreaming of Past Dream Cruises - Grunge Cars


Past Woodward Dream Cruises have given us a plethora of photo-
graphs, custom cars, antique stock cars, hot rods, muscle cars, etc. Many unforgettable images, some unbelievable engines with huge turbo chargers compact fuel injected low emission engines.

I chose today's photograph because it shows the full car, including it's over sized wheels and tires and other fine attributes. I used PhotoPaint and Paint.NET for this piece. With CorelDRAW for fitting text to a path, a dingbat font.

I found that using one of my splatter fonts I can take the object and apply Effects> Distort> Wet Paint> and get a drip effect on the splatter, which adds more Grunge to the image. On the image I used Color Replace to get the colors I wanted and was pleasantly surprised at the outcome. I love it when you try something and it comes out different than you expected, adding something you hadn't planned for but really boosting the image's quality.

I also took a small piece of a building mural from Chicago area and added it as three small objects, if you look closely you may see the giraffe in the piece. The photograph was taken on the way back from O'Hare airport, so it was a quick shot through the van window, I used it just for the giraffe.

I expect to get back to some music discussion soon - I haven't been playing for a few days and miss it. I need to get back to chord progressions in standard tuning again.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - Feeling Alright
null

No comments:

Post a Comment