Pages

Monday, August 31, 2009

Missing the Alaskan Mountains - Painter 8


Though it's a nice day here I am reminiscing about last years visit to Alaska. I am missing the mountains and the beauty of the area we were visiting.

Here is a piece I did in Painter 8, using acrylics brushes and watercolor brushes. I added a texture to it in PhotoPaint as it had the type of texture I wanted. Painter allows you to texturize as well but I used PhotoPaint in this instance.

This photograph that I used was on our second day trip South from Anchorage toward Homer. It was a cloudy day with a little rainfall. So I took a few photographs through the windshield. I have many photographs from that trip. So many it is hard to select which one to use to paint.

I have been reading some music blogs lately and waiting for the inspiration to hit me for working on some new songs. I sent my brother, in Alaska, four Audio CD's with my work and a few covers of older songs for their collection. I'd like to do a greatest hits CD with the best of my work and covers but I don't have a big enough fan base to make one, I don't know which ones are the best ones. I need to share with a broader base, but find that family and friends are they best ones for right now. I am not actively seeking to promote my songs. So I guess a greatest hits CD is a way off for now.

I haven't been playing my 12-string guitar much lately, as I turn to digital painting again. Painting takes time. So my time has been there.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Crocodile Dundee - Opening Title Theme
null

2 comments:

  1. cool blog Kirk! Where is your music at?? One of my promises to myself is to learn to play, I love to write songs and have a guitar (folk alvarez)
    that I hope to learn on.
    Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susi,

    Alas I don't have my music registered or officially copy-written. I usually share with family and close friends. So my audience is small but appreciative. LOL! Once I register it I may share to a wider audience.

    Thank you for your stopping by and looking, and your encouraging words!

    Kirk

    ReplyDelete