Pages

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Showtime! - It Was Nice - Digital Collage


Two tickets to see the "American Idol Live" show is the basis for this digital collage. I added some Dover clip art to the cloudy sky background. The collage says"It Was Nice" using an Art Deco poster of Nice. A little humor added here.

The show was nice, but some shows you take away a lasting impression, this was a little more like cotton candy. All sweet, melts in your mouth, little aftertaste. I was surprised it didn't have more of an impact on me. I rarely go to concerts unless they are the free kind.

Last one I had gone to before this one was Bob Dylan and it, too, was a bit disappointing. The music was grand and a big sound for Dylan, but his vocals and singing were poor at best. Not his greatest effort, his band did a wonderful job though and they were playing and rocking hard.

Maybe it is because of being older now and more mature than years ago when live concerts were cheap and you could see Bob Seger for little and Alice Cooper and the MC5 and other Detroit area sounds, like the Frost and the Amboy Dukes. It was exciting then, but I was younger as well.

I love to listen to music when creating my digital artworks. I like various styles of music but I don't like today's mainstream pop music. Who would ever have thought I would reach an age where I wouldn't appreciate young music. Not myself, I am as surprised as anyone. I guess age does make a difference. Too bad.

I am glad I still love music though. Where would I be without it? Hurrah for Music!

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Chris Isaac - I Want To Fall In Love
null

No comments:

Post a Comment