Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Sweet GTO - Is It Still a Pontiac?


The Woodward Dream Cruise for 2009 starts on August 15th and many custom cars are already in town for the event. Can you beleive this GTO's engine? What torque this baby must have at the wheels!

I took this photograph, taken by my son, Keir M Gatzka in 2006, and opened it in Painter 8. There I used the Woodcut filter on it without the black checked. This gave me more color to work with.

I saved this image and opened it in PhotoPaint. I applied the Tone Curve to darken the piece, then I upped the saturation by about 9.

Musically speaking I got out my playbook of songs I have written and did some practicing with my 12-String. I am getting better at some of these songs through practice. Which is great considering I wrote them. The tempos are a challenge as always when I play. Do you find that true of you as well? They can all blend together if I am not careful.

Now listed below is a song that was written one way and performed another. The recording bears little resemblance to the original chord structure. The recording sounds better than the original chord progression. But did I write down the new chord progression? No, I simply did not. So it is nearly impossible to reproduce this song. Not to mention the drum back beat and the lead.

It is funny how a song can get away from you like that. Go figure.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - You Are The One
null

No comments:

Post a Comment