Pages

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Homemade Grunge - Digital Collage


I have made a home made grunge back ground. Taking some packing paper I applied some white gesso to it to make it more usable for sketching. I decided to scan it in for a paper back ground. I did so with sharpen more selected to increase the wrinkles in the paper.

I chose to make a digital collage of the Woodward Cream Cruise of August 15th, 2009. I included three custom car based images and one of a young band playing on the corner near where we were watching the Cruise.

In PhotoPaint I added a green tint by using another textured background and applied the object property of Multiply to add transparency but keep the green tones. I added some paint splatters and saved the file. To enhance the colors I used the Tone Curve and darkened the image just a bit. I also made each corner stand out with the original color of the packing paper.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Beck - All In Your Mind
null

No comments:

Post a Comment