Pages

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Custom Cars are a GAS - Grunge and Polish


Hard work, a great classic car and a fabulous paint job polished up to a high gloss. You are ready for the Woodward Dream Cruise. All nature of cars will be cruising Woodward Avenue and the image for today names only a few brands.

On WXYZ.com you can share your memories of previous Dream Cruises with photographs of your memories. And they even have an Events listing for you to plan your days at this years Cruise.

I used PhotoPaint for the piece with another Grunge sandy background. I took the photograph of the car into Paint.NET and used the Effects> Artistic> Ink Sketch with no color for the overlaid car image. I applied the object properties Color Burn for the browns of the ink sketch. I then thought awhile about some of the cars I had seen at previous Cruises and added their names to the piece. I know I have probably not covered them all, but many of these names are going away in the current Big Three crunch.

I used a variety of fonts, some Grunge others a bit more polished, but you'll get the idea from the image itself.

----------------
Now playing on Windows Media Player: Kirk Mathew Gatzka - Take the Time 2
null

No comments:

Post a Comment